2021 Cadillac XT5 | Compact Luxury SUV
The 2021 Cadillac XT5 is a compact luxury SUV that offers a spacious and luxurious cabin with two engine options.
New for 2021
The XT5 gets a number of new standard features for 2021 including wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Amazon Alexa integration, and an upgraded digital display in the gauge cluster. The exterior cameras have also been upgraded for better quality. The front console receives a stronger wireless charging pad and USB-C charging ports.
Cadillac will now also offer a handful of more advanced driver-assistance features including night vision, rear pedestrian alert, and improved automatic parking assist.
Under the Hood
The Cadillac XT5 is powered by a standard turbocharged 4-cylinder or an optional V-6 engine. The ride is impressively quiet from inside of the vehicle and the XT5 is able to tackle twisty roads with confidence.
Front-wheel-drive XT5s with the standard turbocharged four-cylinder earn EPA fuel economy estimates of 21 mpg city, 28 mpg highway and 24 mpg combined. Moving up to the V-6 drops mpg to 18 city, 26 highway, and 21 combined.
The inside of the XT5 is spacious and equipped with deluxe accommodations, as expected from a Cadillac. The rear seats can be folded flat to provide up to 63 cubic feet of space. Heated and ventilated front seats are available along with Tri-Zone Climate Control that helps keep all passengers comfortable.
All XT5’s come well-connected with standard necessities such as an 8-inch touchscreen capable of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot. The infotainment system offers intuitive controls including a rotary controller. An updated Bose sound system is also now available. There are four USB ports located conveniently throughout the cabin for charging mobile devices, and a wireless inductive phone-charging pad is available between the two front seats.
Safety & Driver-Assistance Features
The XT5 has earned a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Key safety features include:
- Available automated emergency braking
- Available adaptive cruise control
- Available lane-keeping assist
Other Vehicle Highlights include:
- LED headlamps and daytime running lamps
- Available active aero shutters with 2.0L Turbo engine
- Illuminating door handles are standard on Premium Luxury
- Hands-free liftgate with programmable memory height and Cadillac logo projection is standard on Premium Luxury and Sport; power liftgate with programmable memory is standard on Luxury
- Rainsense wipers are standard on Premium Luxury and Sport
- Smart Towing Package8 is available on Premium Luxury and Sport (requires 3.6L V-6). Content includes Hitch Guidance with Hitch View, hitch, hitch cover and seven-wire harness
- Continuous Damping Control real-time damping suspension is standard on Sport and included with the available Platinum Package for Premium Luxury
- Adaptive remote start
- Keyless entry
- Driver Mode Selector
- Dual driver information center display. Includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
- Automatic heated steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard; tri-zone climate system is available on Premium Luxury and Sport (includes air ionizer)
- Standard eight-way power-adjustable driver seat and six-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
- Ventilated front seats and heated outboard rear seats are available on Premium Luxury and Sport
- Revised 60/40-split rear seat functionality enhances convenience and utility
- UltraView power, dual-pane sunroof is standard on Premium Luxury and Sport